As an accounts receivable coordinator, responsibilities and duties include overseeing bookkeeping and accounting work associated with billing and incoming payments. This position will be expected to perform general bookkeeping duties, such as updating postings in the accounting software, reconciling customer accounts on a regular basis, recording all cash receipts, distributing customer invoices to ensure that receivables are collected in a timely manner and follow up and collect on past due customer accounts. This individual will report to the Controller and function as part of the accounts receivable accounting team.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
▪ Prepare, verify, and process invoices for sales or services rendered.
▪ Maintain up-to-date billing/receivable system.
▪ Post customer payments by recording cash, checks, and credit card transactions and entering them into the accounting software.
▪ Reconcile the accounts receivable ledger to the TMS system to ensure that all invoices and revenue is properly posted.
▪ Verify the validity of account discrepancies by obtaining and investigating information from sales, customer service departments and customers.
▪ Investigate and resolve customer account queries.
▪ Resolve valid or authorized deductions by entering adjusting entries.
▪ Follow up on, collect and allocate payments.
▪ Research and resolve payment discrepancies.
▪ Review AR aging to ensure compliance.
▪ Maintain accounts receivable customer files and records.
▪ Maintains financial security by following internal accounting controls.
▪ Follow established procedures for processing receipts, cash, etc.
▪ Process credit card payments.
▪ Communicate with customers via phone, email, mail or personally.
▪ Assist with month-end closing.
▪ Monitor customer account details for non-payments, delayed payments and other irregularities.
▪ Resolves account discrepancies by investigating documentation; issuing stop-payments, payments, or adjustments.
● High School Diploma or GED; Associates Degree or equivalent from a two year college or technical school preferred
● 1-3 years accounts receivable
● Knowledge of general accounting principles, regulatory standards and compliance
● Ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures and financial records
● General math skills
● Proficiency in G-Suite, MS Office and Quickbooks Online
● High degree of accuracy, attention to detail and confidentiality
● Excellent data entry skills
● Excellent analytical, problem solving and decision making skills
● Effective verbal, listening and written communication skills
● Effective organizational, stress and time management skills
● Demonstrates a sense of urgency and ability to meet deadlines
● Ability to work independently or as a team member
● Ability to work with a diverse group of people
● Customer service and negotiation skills