Adcock Service Center is currently hiring a Truck Diesel Technician to join our team to support future growth of the Company. If you’re looking for a new place to call home, we would love to talk with you. Shop Diesel Technician will be responsible for performing licensed DOT inspections, Preventative Maintenance inspections, light and follow-up repairs, light mechanical/hydraulic/electrical and electronic diagnostics, and other duties as assigned. The Shop Diesel Technician can perform more advanced diagnostics and repairs under the supervision of a Sr Shop Diesel Technician or higher. The Shop Diesel Technician continues to learn additional advanced mechanical skills and diagnostic Techniques. A successful Shop Diesel Technician complies with all company policies and achieves high level performance metrics.
- Always follow and comply with safe operating practices and procedures.
- Independently determining parts required for each job and interact with the Shop Parts Department to obtain.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment. Assist in cleanup at the end of each day for tools, parts, and equipment.
- Applies knowledge that is acquired through formal training or on-the-job experience to perform one’s job; works with, understands, and evaluates technical information related to the job.
- Work with Service Writer to assess customer needs, providing information or assistance, resolving their problems, or satisfying their expectations
- Manage concurrent assigned tasks, making effective judgments as to prioritizing work related activities and time allocations.
- Act with integrity, demonstrate honesty and keep commitments. Behave in a consistent manner, keeping sensitive information confidential and adhering to ethical and professional standards.
- Perform scheduled preventative maintenance (“PM”), DOT Inspections and follow up repairs on light, medium and heavy-duty vehicles in a Shop environment.
- Occasionally, travel and perform work at customer location.
- Perform routine maintenance such as changing oil, checking batteries, and lubricating equipment.
- Use hand tools, precision instruments, as well as Diesel tools, welding equipment, lifts and jacks.
- Accurately complete DOT forms and all other forms of documentation in timely fashion.
- Maintain a high level of productivity and be able to work within or close to most Standard Repair Times.
- Communicate with Shop Manager and support team to obtain approvals on repair estimates, retrieve purchase order numbers and/or discuss RO findings notes.
- Perform all work in compliance with organizational safety, health and environmental policies, and federal regulations, to include OSHA, EPA, and DOT.
- Participate and complete all-in company required safety training.
- Maintain Shop assigned service trucks, conduct safety checks and daily pre/post trip inspections.
- Perform minor adjustment and repairs on various types of truck equipment including, but not limited to the following: Electrical/Brake/Cooling Systems, Starters/Alternators, Fan clutches, Engine electronics, Diesel steering systems, Engines (gas and diesel), Transmissions (manual and automatic), Clutches, Differentials, etc.
- Adhere to company policies, processes, and procedures.
- Diagnose, adjust, and repair various types of truck equipment including, but not limited to the following: Electrical/Brake/Cooling Systems, Starters/Alternators, Air conditioning systems, Fan clutches, Engine electronics, Diesel steering systems, Engines (gas and diesel), Transmissions (manual and automatic), Clutches, Differentials, etc.
- Identify problems, determine accuracy and relevance of information, using sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives.
- Inspect, test, and listen to defective equipment to diagnose malfunctions, using test instruments such as handheld computers and pressure gauges.
- Assist Shop Diesel Technician(s) with diagnostics.
- High School Diploma or GED preferred
- Must have valid driver’s license
- Valid DOT Medical Card or ability to obtain one prior to employment or within 72 hours of hire
- Possess and supply a set of hand tools necessary to perform required job duties.
- Minimum of 1 years of experience as Diesel Technician on medium to heavy-duty vehicle repair or equivalent combination of technical education/certifications/skill/experiences.
- Participate in and complete all-in company required training
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Understand the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
- Ability to lift, bend, climb, stand, and walk for long periods of time; ability to perform moderately heavy laboring work
- Ability to exert oneself physically over long periods of time without tiring, which may include performing repetitive tasks.
- Communicates information (for example, facts, ideas, or messages) in a succinct and organized manner. Engages in effective two-way communication with individuals and groups.
- Ability to determine the type of tools and equipment needed.
- Ability to accurately judge which of several objects is closer or farther away from the observer, or the distance between an object and the observer.
- Use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
- Nationally comparable hourly wage depending on experience and certifications
- Technical training provided to advance your career
- Health, dental, vision insurance.
- Accrue Paid Time Off starting the first year of employment.
- Tuition Assistance/Reimbursement